Mobile device management (MDM) is a great first step in delegating how employees communicate within your enterprise. But it isn’t enough. While MDM deals with the security and monitoring of mobile devices employees use, it doesn’t address the actual platforms and messaging solutions they rely on for internal communications.
What does this mean for your company? No matter how strictly you monitor device usage, staff might still be using non-secure, consumer-grade messaging applications, leading to some major problems:
- Unauthorized access and viewing of sensitive company data.
- High fees associated with massive data recovery.
- Loss of trust with customers and clients.
What you need is a secure messaging platform that builds on corporate mobile device management, and gives company employees a safe, reliable method of internal collaboration.
How Secure Messaging Strengthens Your Mobile Device Management Strategy
As more and more employees turn to personal mobile devices as a means of communications, it’s up to you to make sure they’re sharing information according to company guidelines. That means no data should ever be put at risk. Plus, you (or IT administrators), should have the ability to access and manage employee accounts.
A robust secure messaging platform is ideal for building on your mobile device management strategy. Why? Because it provides everything you need from an enterprise-worthy messaging solution:
- Top-Tier Security – Data security should never be far from your mind. One of the biggest problems with consumer-grade messaging applications is little to no security, which can potentially compromise sensitive company information. Look for secure messaging technology that deploys high-level security, protecting information during transmission between devices. At a minimum, you want a solution that offers 256-bit level encryption and elliptical key exchange.
- Cloud-Based Message Storage – Cloud-based storage provides a centralized location to store messages and data, instead of storing them on employee devices. Secure enterprise messaging equipped with cloud-based storage also makes update installation and device upgrades simple, improving IT department efficiency.
- Ease of Compliance – Part of your mobile device management policy should include abiding by federal compliance standards. Unlike consumer-grade messaging applications, enterprise-level messaging software is built to ensure that you comply with government regulations like HIPPA, FINRA, Sarbanes-Oxley and more.
Mobile Device Management Made Simple
If there’s one thing we understand at NetSfere, it’s how enterprise messaging technology can transform internal company communications. Our secure messaging platform was built with enterprises in mind, offering unparalleled security, enhanced account controls and reliable message delivery.
And it’s about to get even better.
We’re proud to announce a partnership with MobileIron, a leader in mobile device management and enterprise mobility management. MobileIron expands your company’s enterprise messaging capabilities, providing a scalable and secure method of employee collaboration.
Your internal enterprise messaging is about to get a major upgrade. To learn more about NetSfere and our partnership with MobileIron, contact us today.