Look around your office. Chances are, nearly every employee is using some kind of messaging solution on a mobile device to communicate with others. An enterprise messaging system builds on everyday consumer technology, allowing you to harness the simplest form of internal communication for your enterprise.
5 Attributes Your Enterprise Messaging System Needs
Consumer messaging apps and enterprise messaging solutions share many of the same functions. Both seek to connect users, allowing them to share files and information instantly. The main difference between the two boils down to the features that characterize a first-rate enterprise messaging system.
It’s important to remember that enterprise messaging technology is different from consumer applications because your employees will be sharing sensitive company information. And while internal messaging software should be as easy to use as everyday instant messaging applications, you need an enterprise messaging system with features that ensure successful communications:
- 1. Robust Security Measures – The integrity of company data should never be compromised. Look for enterprise messaging software that offers a minimum 256-bit level of encryption. It’s also useful to select a platform with elliptical curve key exchange, which secures messages with a unique key during transmission. The message is only unlocked once it reaches the receiver’s mobile device.
- 2. Reliable Message Delivery – It’s not uncommon for everyday messaging apps to experience delivery errors in areas with weak cell or Wi-Fi reception. A strong enterprise messaging system is still able to deliver messages via secure SMS capabilities. In the event employees are out of Wi-Fi or cellular data range, they’ll receive important messages in a timely manner.
- 3. Cloud-Based Storage – Updated federal regulations require companies with instant messaging software to comply with a strict set of data retention standards. Cloud-based storage makes managing account and message information simple. Most platforms store messages for up to 90 days, eliminating the need for users to delete old messages.
- 4. Complete Account Access – Just because employees are using messaging software on their devices doesn’t mean you should sacrifice account access and control. Robust enterprise messaging technology gives you complete, unhindered visibility into employee accounts. IT administrators can call up, wipe data and deactivate employee accounts.
- 5. BYOD- Enabled – Outfitting your entire organization with mobile devices can get expensive fast. Look for an enterprise messaging system that is Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) enabled. Employees simply download the messaging app to their iOS or Android device, log on with unique user information and can start communicating internally with fellow employees.
An Enterprise Messaging System You Can Rely On
NetSfere helps companies leverage messaging for internal corporate communications. Our enterprise messaging system is a robust, user-friendly platform that enhances device-to-device communications for your employees.
Featuring advanced algorithms and top-level security measures, our enterprise-class messaging software eliminates the hassles and worries associated with consumer-grade messaging apps, without sacrificing ease of communication.
You need a secure enterprise messaging system. You need NetSfere. To learn more, contact us today.